Friday, February 11, 2011

How to Handle Rejection in MLM

You don’t have to choose between making money in Network Marketing and your friends! Forget about making that list of “friends and family” that you’ll be showing your business idea to. Thanks to the Internet, we can invite people we’ve never met to look at our business idea. If they want to get involved, great. If not, that’s ok too. It’s not like we have to spend every Thanksgiving with them.

Think of it this way: I live in Chicago. I want someone to drive my car to New York so I can fly out and not have to rent a car during my vacation.

I ask Joe if he’ll drive it out. He says, no, I have to be in San Jose next week for a convention. He’s not insulting me or my car; he just has too much to do next week.

I ask Fred. He says no. I say, hey, this is a 1971 red Mustang with a white rag top, V8 turbo. He still says no. I say, it’s a classic car! The girls will love it! I’m getting upset at this point because I don’t understand why Fred doesn’t like my car. He finally tells me he hates New York. His ex-wife lives there and he doesn’t want to even come close to it.

I ask George. He says, sure, he’ll drive it out. But the days go by and he hasn’t left yet. He couldn’t get off work, the kids are sick, his laptop died. Things keep happening. Whether he really could have gone anyway is moot; I finally realize he’s not going to do it.

I ask Maria. She only agrees to think about it, but the next day calls and agrees to drive my car to NY. I am so glad to finally get my car in motion. The trip goes well, and afterwards we get talking about the car. She likes the way I did the restoration, and her brother is interested in doing some other classic cars. We get into business together and make money and have fun.

The moral of the story is: Don’t take it personally when people don’t want to go into business with you. They may be too busy, or just not want to. They may procrastinate forever. Or they may join you and together you may go places you’ve never dreamed of. The decision is about the business, it’s not about you as a person.

For more business ideas, go here: http://mlmsuccesssecrets.successin10steps.com/?mad=38788

No comments:

Post a Comment